Monday, July 27, 2015

Lunch at Pizza East

If you're anything like me, you love pizza. And when one loves pizza, they truly appreciate every aspect of it. A true pizza lover doesn't go for some thick-doughed freshly unfrozen pizza. Oh no, a true pizza lover looks for the best dough in town. In my very own opinion, I choose to believe that all pizza should be paper thin in the middle with a thick, not-too-crispy crust. Made in a wood fire oven of course, because is there really any other way? 
Pizza East is one of my favorite pizza places in all of the city. Not only is their menu full of delicious choices, but they also allow you to choose your own toppings (just ask)! I ordered a simple pizza consisting of tomato sauce, broccolini, and some garlic. Just the perfect amount of sauce! 

My dad on the other hand ordered his favorite pizza off of the menu. The spicy sausage. It's almost like mine except mine was free of meat and cheese. Oh and minus the spicy part. I myself am not a fan of cheeses and meats anymore but I can sure tell you that it looks very appealing. Anyway, you may see for yourself.


Pizza East may be known for mainly their pizza (because what else?) but it has a variety of other delicious foods. I don't know about you, but I'm all about the avocado toast craze. Fun fact for you that a few months ago I despised avocado, yet now I can't go a week without it. It is quite the obsession. I'm not even a tiny bit ashamed. Pizza East makes the best avocado toast with poached egg, ever. In the mix you can taste the amazing flavor of chili flakes, basil, and lime. No matter how many times I try my best to recreate it at home, I fail. Nobody can outdo such a work of art. Even the egg is always perfectly poached. How all this is possible, I have yet to find out. This order was on gluten free bread which was incredibly tasty. Their regular housemade bread is perfect as well. I highly recommend trying both. The gluten free option is perfect if you're not feeling too hungry or want to save room for some dessert. Nonetheless, the avo with egg was impeccable.



What I love most about Soho House is that every so often they have artists spice up the sides of their building. My favorite by far has been the blue colored, donut eating monster. I am always impressed by the detail of street art and this one is really something special. Great work to whoever created this beauty.



If you've made it this far into the post, I not only thank you but congratulate you. It's time for you to view my outfit of the day. It was an unexpectedly hot and sunny day. Very shockingly there was no surprise storm in the middle of the day either. Good job, Chicago. I recently received my bag from Dailylook. I have been looking for the perfect little black purse for a while now (all of mine magically broke) and I finally found the best. It's super cute and super affordable.


Sunnies: Ray Ban
Shirt: Dsquared2
Skort: Zara


Lastly, I wanted to share with all of you a photo that is dear to my heart. Okay maybe not but it's so cool in my eyes. Located on a random street, you can find a door ideally sized for a giant. That's just my little monster friend behind the door, about to open it for me. I'm playing the roommate that forgot her keys for the billionth time.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butter Bazaar. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig