Sunday, July 5, 2015

America's Weekend

This weekend, America and all her people celebrated her Independence! I kicked off my weekend by going to my favorite Green City Farmers Market in Lincoln Park. There my dad and I tasted some tamales, bought some breads and jams, and ended up sharing a pizza! After a few hours of following my dad around his work, we both decided it was time to put some caffeine into our systems. So, we headed straight to Heritage General Bicycles (where they have the best Japan Bancha green tea ever). Then post sitting outside the coffee shop, enjoying the day (on our phones), we drove home and lazily sat on the couch waiting for it to be time to go watch some fireworks.

On Sunday morning, I decided to try out a place I've never been to called, Cellar Door Provisions. Prior to my visit, I would only drool at the Instagram photos tagged at the beautiful spot. I entered the place and a smell of fresh pastries instantly blew at my face. After gazing around in absolute awe of the architecture, I ordered bread and butter. Now you may think that sounds like the most boring breakfast of all time, but let me tell you, it was filled with an insane amount of flavor. I'm really picky when it comes to bread (as in if you give me a slice that was packed like Wonder bread, I'll throw it in your face). CDP provided me with bread that was probably sent down for the heavens. As I finished my last bite of the meal, a tray of croissants caught my eye. Of course I got one! As my fingers dug into the flakey goodness, I could still see the warm steam rising up into the air. There is no possible way for me to describe how deep into love I fell with that croissant. It was like I was in France again. 

Although, I do make it seem as if all I did was sit at CDP all day, I did plenty more. After my meal, I walked into Heritage for that wonderful green tea. Then came my stroll around Michigan Avenue, resulting in none other than a Zara purchase. Due to the insane heat, we tried to beat it by devouring some ice cream from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams (we won). That basically concluded our day. When a match between the warmth is won, you know it's been a successful 4th of July weekend.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butter Bazaar. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig