Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Velvet Taco

If you haven't noticed by now, tacos have become all the rage this past year. I don't know what it is, but taco joints have been opening up left and right here in Chicago. And they're not just your average tacos. Oh no, they're more than that. So many places have these delicious Mexican eats made with things you've never imagined could be inside of a tortilla. The place that cannot seize to amaze me is none other than, Velvet Taco. From fish to falafel, they've got it all. Not only can they substitute anything on the menu for your desired ingredient, they also have a special WTF taco. "WTF?" may be your exact thoughts right now. It actually stands for, Weekly Taco Feature. That's pretty awesome. 

Another awesome thing about Velvet Taco is that they make all their own tortillas and everything from scratch. If you have read any of my previous posts, you must already know that in my heart, fresh food is the best food. No cold leftovers for me. 

This place is alway buzzing. No matter what time I come here, the place is pretty packed. However, I don't mind the wait. It pleases me knowing that someone in the kitchen is putting care into my meal, instead of putting random garbage in it just so it's ready fast.

Let's take a quick look at the menu. Isn't it incredible? Brunch at a taco place? Cravings = Satisfied. Your attention may have been caught by the tiny sign that says "cake" in bold letters. Don't deny it. I have personally never tried it, but by looking through the Velvet Taco geotag on Instagram, something tells me I can't say no next time. Besides the fact that it looks perfectly baked, it comes with a caramel sauce. Genius.

Time for some food pictures. I don't know if you're ready for this.

 Here we have a lovely Falafel taco. If you took time to inspect the menu above, you may have noticed that this is certainly not in a lettuce wrap. Congrats to you! This was a day that I was feeling quite hungry and knew lettuce would not completely fill me up. So, I asked for a corn tortilla, and without a problem, it was created. I absolutely love places that allow you to alter a meal to your liking. "Can I have an chicken taco without chicken?" That's me.

Here we have my fathers taco. At first glance (or maybe at any glance) it may not look appealing, but if you're into spicy foods and shrimp, this one's for you! Also on a corn tortilla, this taco could be known as a seafood lovers best friend.

Lastly, we have some Spicy Tikka Chicken tacos, next to a lonely WTF taco. That week the taco came with rice, cilantro, green onions, chicken, and even pineapple. As you can clearly tell, I subbed the chicken for some falafel. I'm obsessed with falafel tacos. It's an incredible creation that everyone should try.

And here we have me giving a sweet kiss to my falafel taco. I didn't know the camera was on, I swear. I hope this post made you all realize that tacos are a true blessing. Without tacos, we would probably never have peace. I'm totally kidding. Maybe. That being said, if you are ever near a Velvet Taco (located in Chicago, Fort Worth, Dallas, or Houston) go inside. 


SHARE:

1 comment

© Butter Bazaar. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig