Monday, August 24, 2015

Levain Bakery

Today, I serve one purpose and one purpose only. It is nothing else but to tell you of a heaven sent cookie. The cookie that Santa Clause DREAMS of receiving on Christmas Eve. The cookie that makes you savor each bite. The cookie that will make you never want a different cookie ever again. The cookie from none other than, Levain Bakery. 
I recently took a short trip to New York City. Although things like the Empire State Building attracted me there, the food did just as much. You may have heard about this place from Miss Taylor Swift, or you have seen it once or twice on your Instagram feed. Or maybe you've never heard of this place in your life and you just think I've never tried a cookie before. But let me tell you, this isn't your ordinary bakery. I know I say this a lot, but as you walk in, the smell of freshly baked pastries hits you automatically. It's just so true.
 The most famous cookie here is the ooey-gooey chocolate chip walnut. Although I love me some chocolate, I just wasn't feeling it at that moment. So, I went ahead and got myself an Oatmeal Raisin. I really don't get why people put it to such shame sometimes...oatmeal raisins are wonderful, especially the ones from Levain. 
Now I'm pretty sure that just by looking at these photos, you can tell how doughy these cookies are.
In my personal opinion, there's nothing better than a doughy cookie. Absolutely nothing. This has just the right amount of everything. Not too many raisins, not too little dough. The ratio is quite lovely.
Taking a look at the glorious outside of the cookie, you can easily notice that it is perfectly baked. Whether you love your cookies, crispy or soft, this is ideal. I can almost taste it through the screen.
Hopefully I have convinced to you to head towards Levain on your next trip to New York. Or maybe you live near and have never understood the craze. It's time to try it out. If you're not into treating yourself, I've still got a few more recommendations from my NYC trip that are a bit more on the healthier side, so you might want to stay tuned!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. oh my god!!! ugh I'm so sad, why can't i be eating this cookie right now?

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Butter Bazaar. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig