Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sweatshop

Finally, I am sharing with you my love for this place. The best coffee shop in Brooklyn. It's about time.
When it comes to eating out for breakfast, I generally love to go to a cafe rather than a place that is specifically for this meal of the day. The meals at cafes tend to be much healthier than those I come across at restaurants. I also believe that since breakfast is in fact, the most important meal of the day, we should nourish our bodies and prepare them for the long day ahead.
During my most recent visit to New York, I came across this gorgeous little hidden cafe. I say hidden only because I passed it more than once before realizing that it was only across the street and a few steps down. 
Walking in, you immedietly notice the bright sign that says "Sweatshop". You then must obviously take a photo for the gram, because it's more than necessary. Then, your eyes see the menu. You begin to tear up because everything seems so tasty and you can't just choose one.
My dad chose the Avo Toast to go along with his coffee of the hour. Although I did not try it, I could tell it was very well made because of how often he raved about it. Apparently the secret ingredient to making it so perfect is feta cheese. I was personally amazed by how flawlessly the sunny side up egg layed upon the toast. Just look at that beautiful thing. 
Not being a huge coffee fan, I ordered myself a lovely green tea that I have been craving since that day. Along with that I ordered a Coyo Bowl, which I will never forget. It's absolutely unexplainable how delicious it was. A blend of acai and vegan coconut yogurt, topped with chia seeds, coconut flakes, the best granola ever, and some berries. It was so good that I came back for another the next day. It was also so good that I tried to make my own at home. I failed. How could something so simple be so impossible to recreate? I guess it's just another reason to go back to NYC.






SHARE:

2 comments

© Butter Bazaar. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig